The regulations require that the person carrying out building work must give the Council notice when the work has reached a particular stage. The prescribed stages are set out below. The notice may be either written or given by telephone to the following address:
Downshire Civic Centre
T: 0 28 4461 0829
F: 0 28 4461 0845
Or send by email to email@example.com
Special postcards which may be used to give the written notice are supplied free of charge.
The following are the stages at which notification should be given. Stage 6 is not mandatory but it is strongly recommended.
- Stage 1 Commencement
- Stage 2 Foundation Excavated
- Stage 3 Foundation Constructed
- Stage 4 Damp Proof Course
- Stage 5 Ground Floor Oversite (before concrete is laid)
- Stage 6 Before covering any structural timbers, steelwork or concrete
- Stage 7 Drains before backfilling
- Stage 8 Drains before backfilling (testing)
- Stage 9 Occupied before completion (where applicable)
- Stage 10 Work Completed
The standards set for the Building Control Service are challenging. For instance, we guarantee to visit a building site on that day if the site inspection notification is received before 10:00. Even in times of high workload and staff shortages we rarely fail to deliver this promise.
24 Strangford Road
Tel: 0 28 4461 0829
Fax: 0 28 4461 0845