Dermot Curran Young Achiever Award
The Dermot Curran Young Achiever Award is designed to recognise outstanding individuals who have demonstrated the entrepreneurial spirit and determination needed to achieve success.
The Dermot Curran awards began in 2004 to mark Councillor Dermot Curran’s 30 year commitment to public life. The awards knowledge and encourage young people (aged 16 – 35 years) who have contributed to the development of the district and, through a cash award, enables them to develop their business skills.
All applicants and nominees are invited to a prestigious awards ceremony which is held annually in the district. Down District Council provides these award in partners Down Business Centre, South Eastern Regional College and South Eastern Education and Library Board and always welcome to new sponsors becoming involved.
Down District Schools Awards
The awards are also open to young people who currently attend a post-primary school in Down District.
Have you been working with a team of school students who have:
- Gained experience in developing a small enterprise?
- Worked outstandingly on a business project?
- Developed an innovative technology application?
- Investigated a scientific idea?
- Made a significant contribution to improving health awareness in the school or community?
- Made a notable contribution to citizenship?
- Developed understanding to their own/other cultures?
Cultural & Economic Development
Downshire Civic Centre
T: 028 4461 0800