Household Recycling Centre
You can recycle a wide range of materials, diverting waste from landfill.
Things that can be recycled at your Household Recycling Centres:
rNo Gas Bottles
rNo Trade Waste
- You can recycle a wide range of materials, diverting waste from landfill.
- Throwing away tonnes of waste is bad for our environment and unsustainable.
- No tyres, plasterboard, oil tanks, hazardous, commercial or trade waste accepted.
Down District Council would like to thank you for your co-operation.
Household Recycling Centres:
Ballykine Household Recycling Centre, Cloonagh Road, Downpatrick and Bann Road, Castlewellan
|1 October - 31 March
||1 April - 30 September
|Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm
|Sunday 12.00pm - 4.00pm
||Sunday 12.00pm - 4.00pm
|Monday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Monday 8.00am - 7.00pm
|Tuesday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Tuesday 8.00am - 7.00pm
|Wednesday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Wednesday 8.00am - 7.00pm
|Thursday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Thursday 8.00am - 7.00pm
|Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm
||Friday 8.00am - 7.00pm
- Refuse to buy over packaged items.
- Stop junk mail by visiting www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 703 4599.
- Get a home compost bin for just £5 from Down District Council.
- Pass on usable items to family and friends or find a charity to take it (some charities will collect large items that are in good condition).
- Advertise in papers such as ‘Ads for free’, ‘Buy and sell’, or use websites such as www.freecycle.org to give away unwanted goods, rather than sending to landfill.
T: 028 4461 0819
Bann Road Household Recycling Centre
T: 028 4377 2891
Cloonagh Road Household Recycling Centre
T: 028 4483 9884
Downshire Civic Centre,
Co. Down, BT30 6GQ
Tel: 0 28 4461 0819