Home » Leisure & Culture » Complaints to Down District Council

Complaints to Down District Council

Anyone can complain to the Council. There are several ways to make a complaint however the easiest way is to complete the online complaints form below. If you wish to complain by writing to us, the Contact Us  section includes our postal address and fax number. A standard complaint form is also available from all our venues.

Our aim is to resolve problems as promptly as possible in line with our Customer Service Standards. Your complaint will be acknowledged and passed immediately to the appropriate service for a response.

Council operates a 3 step complaints procedure with associated timescales,

Step One - Local Resolution - 5 days

Step Two - Service Investigation by Director of the Service - a further 15 days

Step Three - Corporate Review by Clerk and Chief Executive - a further 15 days

Still Unhappy

We hope to resolve any complaint through our complaints procedure. If you are still unhappy you can take your complaint to the Northern Ireland Ombudsman (in his role as Commissioner for Complaints). You can complain to the Ombudsman at any time, however he will usually only consider your complaint after it has been looked at under our complaints procedure.

The Ombudsman can be contacted by:-

T: 0800 343 424 (freephone)
E: ombudsman@ni-ombudsman.org.uk

Your Details

Contacting You

How do you prefer to be contacted?:

Your Complaint

Have you complained about this matter before?:

Spam Protection


Please enter the numbers you see below into the field provided:
 Security code


Down District Council
Downshire Civic Centre
Downshire Estate
Ardglass Road
Co. Down
BT30 6GQ
T: 0 28 4461 0800
F: 0 28 4461 0801